It has been a week of tissues and paracetamol until I could finally drive myself to my Homeopath, only to be given a remedy called “Flu Rid” which tastes like liquid Vicks! No wonder it’s called ‘Flu Rid’ it tastes so bad I think the virus has decided to pack it’s bags and find a new home!
As I am fairly new at blogging and still trying to figure out how to ‘tag’ and link’, I am going to try and do my first Meme. Writing anything right now would take more energy than I have, so answering a few questions seems like more fun! This Meme I read on Charlotte’s Web called Forty Things Surprise. Here goes!
1. My uncle once: was a mercenary. Only found out that scary fact after he passed on to the next realm.
2. Never in my life: have I been to Ireland.
3. When I was five: I wanted to live in our apple tree at the end of our garden.
4. High school was: a lesson in being true to myself.
5. I will never forget: the smells of Sunday Roasts at my Grandma’s.
6. Once I met: the tallest man in the world, (well he was in 1986).
7. There’s this girl I know: who is an amazing friend .
8. Once, at a bar: I had my first fight with my first ‘real’ boyfriend.
9. By noon, I’m usually: putting Wee One into his car seat to go and pick up Eldest from school.
10. Last night: I was curled up in bed, coughing.
11. If only I had: a time machine – I’d never be late! “Beam me up Scottie”!
12. Next time I go to church: Mmmm .
13. What worries me most: is the future of my family.
14. When I turn my head left I see: a my veranda with my veranda furniture, begging for an evening of wine, braai and good conversation to be held on it.
15. When I turn my head right I see: my kitchen and a beautiful Saturday morning.
16. You know I’m lying when: I don’t do that regularly enough to know what I do.
17. What I miss most about the Eighties is: Good Music and Monster Munch chips( the original flavour).
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: Puck, he was my Matric Mascot. Midsummer Nights Dream was the theme for my wedding – strange I know!
19. By this time next year: I will be either still be living here or somewhere else.
20. A better name for me would be: My mother nearly called me Lydia. That was a close call so I’ll stick to the one my father gave me, thanks.
21. I have a hard time understanding: lack of tolerance.
22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: work harder at Art.
23. You know I like you if: I make an effort.
24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: My Parents.
25. Take my advice, never: mix Champagne with Becherovka, the night before going sightseeing in Heidelberg.
26. My ideal breakfast is: cooked by my Hubby.
27. A song I love but do not have is: all the songs on Joshua Tree – U2.
28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: go on a few wine tastings. Backsberg Pinotage is still a favourite of mine!
29. Why won’t people: respect others religion, culture and property?
30. If you spend a night at my house: Wine, Braai and noisy boys. Good Conversation required till the wee hours ending with a good mug of something warm to drink and bed! Breakfast cooked by Hubby.
31. I’d stop my wedding for: are you kidding, it took Hubby 5 years to trip down the aisle fantastic with me.
32. The world could do without: I have a long list, my top three, Intolerance, Pollution, Greed.
33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: eat one. “Jeebies!”
34. My favourite blonde(s) is/are: I know only one and I miss her madly, my niece in the UK.
35. Paper clips are more useful than: Staples.
36. If I do anything well it’s: Procrastinate.
37. And by the way: I am allergic to all fish and seafood.
There did it! Hope these links work!
Have a fabulous day! Hug your kids madly, fall in love with your significant other all over again and eat something deliciously sinful!